Museums For Future is a global movement of museum workers, cultural heritage professionals, and many others to support the #FridaysForFuture movement with positive actions.
We operate in accordance to the principles and values outlined by the #FridaysForFuture movement, and in particular with these 7 principles, which we hope to discuss and validate at a future meeting of everyone who is involved in the movement:
- We are a youth-driven movement that is open to everyone and brings people together.
- We commit to meeting the 1.5°C target of the Paris Climate Agreement and achieve global climate justice.
- We are self-organised, distributed, and politically independent. We are open to all people who share our goals and values.
- We adapt our structures and approaches to favour local conditions.
- We advocate for and work on change on all levels — institutional, local, national, and international. We will not be taken over by any organization at any level.
- We operate in a democratic, transparent, and open way.
- We are a non-violent movement.
(Adapted from Friday For Future Austria’s principles)
If you’d like to get involved, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!