- Put energy saving stickers around the lab and shut the sash stickers on your fume hoods.
- Pick an object you are working on and find an aspect of your treatment that you can make more sustainable.
Maybe an alternative cleaning option or a reusable storage container. And if you don’t know how post your questions on our social media or forum and we can help you! @SiConserve Share your ideas and progress!
- Set up recycling programs.
Find out whether there are any recycling schemes for materials you use in your studio – our website has some great information on glove recycling!
- When wrapping objects for transportation consider whether the packaging material is bio-degradable, reusable or recyclable.
- Make electronic or recycled business cards for conferences.
Check out SiC’s Tips and Tricks for ideas!
- Organize a sustainability awareness meeting with your department.
- Pick a sustainable activity on #FridaysForFuture days and get the whole department to commit.
Such as taking public transportation to work, not using any disposable cutlery/cups/plates or eating no meat.
- Share your ideas and research.
Post on social media what ideas you have and what sustainability related research you are working on. Use #MFF and #SiConserve.
- Let your museum know about the #MuseumsForFuture movement and get them involved.
- Propose a project!
Come up with an idea or identify areas of improvement and find a solution. Share with your department and with us! #MFF #SiConserve.
As always, take photos of your actions and share them with the #MuseumsForFuture hashtag or send an email to email@example.com. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to receive new action ideas an other news. Thanks!